GSFS Resale Shop Support Staff (Seasonal) The Resale Shop Support Staff of Good Samaritan Family Services (GSFS) will be primarily responsible for the general operation of the resale shop, while upholding the core values and principles of GSFS at all times. The ideal candidate for this position will pursue excellence and achievement in regard to assisting customers, building relationships with volunteers, and interacting with donors. This team member must be flexible, able to function well in a highly stimulating environment, respond to interruptions as they occur and work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
Status: The Resale Shop Support Staff position will be classified as a, part-time, hourly position at $10/hr. This position will remain open until filled. This position is seasonal and will run from the beginning of June through August.
Reporting: The Resale Shop Support Staff will report directly to the Resale Shop Supervisor.
The Resale Shop Support Staff will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Open & Close of resale shop, and furniture store (These procedures involve multiple tasks)
• Assist with special events as needed
• Help donation intake, display, and sales (including Sammy’s Shoes)
• Ensure the cleanliness of the facility
• Must be willing to work occasional Saturdays and Tuesday evenings
• Cross train in other areas of the organization to help if needed
The Resale Shop Support Staff will be thoroughly committed to the mission of GSFS, including full agreement with our Core Values and Statement of Beliefs. Other qualifications and necessary skills include:
• Excellence in organizational, communication, and time management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
• Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 25 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
• Able to take initiative and work independently while managing multiple tasks, under minimal supervision
• A commitment to a high level of integrity and standards both personally and those established by GSFS
• The ability to work in and be a part of a dynamic multifaceted team which seeks to demonstrate an upbeat attitude