Full Job Description
The Expeditor is responsible for the scheduling and planning of the work orders for manufacturing operations and is also accountable for the maintenance and execution of the master production schedule. This role works closely with plant supervision and team members to monitor material, equipment, machine, and personnel resources. Ensures production demands are met while maintaining a safe workplace for employees.
The Expeditor will also assist with inventory control, WIP level management, Kanban, and 5S within production areas. Responsible for communicating job order priorities to production and other support departments. Identifying obstructions with the flow of orders and assisting in creating solutions to fix issues.
The incumbent identifies constraints and schedules new orders to most effectively utilize plant resources. Expeditor also provides feedback to supervision on changes or events that effect the production environment, maintains the production schedule to reflect the change, and recommends actions relative to lead times.
Strict adherence and a commitment to carrying out the Corporate and/or local policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required. An employee in this position must focus on customers' expectations and strive for continuous improvement resulting in improved results for themselves, customers, and other employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 0-2 years' experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, Scheduling required
- 0-2 years' experience in manufacturing scheduling experience preferred
- Analytical Coordinating Multi-site and sub-contract operations for manufacturing
- Knowledge of Lean Principles: Kanban, 5S, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.80 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
We are following CDC recommended guidelines
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Williamsburg, MI 49690: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location