Full Job Description
Job title: Mixologist
Reports to: Head Mixologist
- Creating and developing the highest quality craft cocktails.
- The presentation and education of Ethanolo¿y, our ethos, spirits and cocktails, their nuances, and methodology.
- The day-to-day safe and efficient operation of the spirit house, and management of its guests.
- Maximization of retail bottle sales, and merchandise.
- Consistent, diligent and focused effort to craft the finest cocktails.
- Support the Associate Operations Officer in the day to day operations of the spirit house.
- Timely and efficient execution of all work instructions, as reasonably requested.
- Adherence to all stated OHSA, TTB, and MLCC laws, procedures and practices.
- General cleaning and wash down duties as required.
- General lifting, climbing and other physical activities as appropriate to a distillery/bar operation.
- Conduct your work safely, efficiently and diligently at all times.
- Preserve and protect the business values of the company, and support the business mission as required.
- Respond to your managers and directors requests promptly with absolute transparency, accuracy and quality of advice and information.
- Observe, report and document incidents, accidents, and suspicious behavior.
- Required weekly development of a unique and seasonal cocktail.
- Classically tailored attire maintaining brand congruency.
- Host and develop cocktail classes.
- Assist and support the daily operation of the spirit house.
- End to end development of the entire cocktail menu, with brand consistency.
- Bottling and packaging tasks as required.
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance as required.
- General cleaning and maintenance as required.
- Product QA processes as requested.
- Laboratory/distillery work as required.
- Building open/close and general security concerns.
- Other general duties and actives as directed from time to time.
- Receive, store, and organize shipments.
- Other activities as directed from time to time including back of house operations.
- Willingness to learn, ability to adapt, and critical think in a multitude of environments and situations.
- Current and ongoing car driver’s license.
- Negative results on criminal background check.
- Must be of legal drinking age and have TIPS certification in Michigan.
- Previous work in customer service, food and beverage, science, industrial/mechanical, agriculture, or business based industry
- Certification in TIPS in Michigan.
- Familiarity with alcoholic beverage production techniques (brewery, winery etc.)
- Knowledge of sanitary working practices.
- A passion for artisan products
- Good communicator, articulate and friendly
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled dynamic environment
- Ability to work un-supervised
- Self-starter, above average intuition and drive
- Safety conscious at all times towards self and others
- Meticulous attention to quality and process
- High level of personal hygiene, exceptionally well presented
- Good written and verbal skills
- High level of computer literacy (email, web, Excel, Word)
This job requires a variety of work hours that may include weekends, holidays, early and late hours, and in some cases overtime.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
- Frequently stand for the duration of the shift, walk, bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch. This position requires the ability to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver up to approximately 35 pounds repeatedly.
- Use of hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is ability to discern obvious odors.
- This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Night shift
The safety of the Ethanolo¿y family and our patrons is a top priority. We have implemented numerous safety measures including, expanding our outdoor patio area, strict mask policy when not at table and various other mitigating measures.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elk Rapids, MI 49629: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)